5.25.2010

Purchases..

Well, I did it-- I allowed myself to go into a little bit of controlled, interest free debt for a year. I think it's worth it though...

When I was in high school I really enjoyed my photography class. When I started doing photography I was going through some pretty rough stuff even by teenage standards. I was really struggling to find myself after some traumatic events. I found a pretty solid voice through taking pictures. I had a great teacher who was incredibly supportive. Still to this day fellow classmates reminisce about what a class environment that was. I loved photography so much I eventually pulled my head out of butt (sorry, I know that was a little graphic) improved my grades and ended up going to art school. I loved it, until my old demons crept back to haunt me. Long story short-it's been awhile since I wanted to take pictures again. Just in the past weeks I have desperately wanted to start back up. The hubbie okay'd the purchase and even though I was hesistant, I am feeling pretty excited now. I also got a pretty cool lens.

I am sure I will be posting many visual updates in the future :)
I also splurged on a new sewing machine today. (geez-- what has gotten into me) I couldn't help it though. I really love to sew, it is the one thing that frustrates me and rewards me all at the same time. My Grandmother taught me to sew and it the one I know I can do to honor her memory. David and I were discussing his impending deployment and my coping skills for said deployment yesterday while on our way to Costco. I was telling him that I needed to seriously find some hobbies besides being Sasha's Mommy before he left or I was going to go crazy while he was gone. While walking through Costco I noticed they had an awesome machine with all these new bells and whistles that I have been wanting for awhile. Up until now I had been pretty stubborn about using a "fancy" machine. That all changed when I noticed how low the price was. So today I bought a new sewing machine.

I am hoping to start using some of creative processes to work through all the emotional baggage I have been carrying around lately. I am pretty excited! If I get to 50 followers I promise to have a cool giveaway with something handmade from my brand spanking new sewing machine, too :)

3 comments:

  1. I love my DSLR camera and lenses too! They are awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for hobbies! Maybe you can take pictures of the things you sew and share them with us on the blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, so, I am so excited I found your blog!

    First off, congrats on your new purchases. A camera like that is at the top of my 'wants' list.. hopefully it won't be long before I get to allow myself that purchase too :)

    Secondly, I just read your bio, and it is pretty scary how similar it reads to mine. I don't have mine written out quite as nicely, but if you get a minute to scroll back to the first few blog posts I made on my blog you'll see why I said that. Kind of nice to know I'm not the only one who was young/stubborn/dumb/all of the above.

    Good luck with all those 'demons'.. I'm sure your's are unique from mine, but I definitely can identify with the feeling.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and lie to me.....Just make sure you're nice