5.07.2010

If The Army Wanted You to Have a Spouse...

They would have issued you one.... right? In honor of "National Military Spouse Appreciation Day" I just had to throw that out there. This is pretty ironic to me as I was just thinking to myself on my way into work tonight (to work a 12 hour shift after no cat nap today and the washing machine breaking and the kid in trouble at school again and the toddler sick and the housework that got done) that I was feeling a little under-appreciated lately. My husband has been in full "I am the brand new LT" mode at work and just a tad over-zealous to prove himself. Naturally, I am picking up the household slack and still managing to work nights. (Let me formally invite you to the pity party.) Well, now that I know I have a day of appreciation in my honor - I feel better---NOT! In all seriousness, I really think the appreciation belongs to the spouses that are caring for injured Service members. Most are living a life that few can imagine. Part nurse-part spouse, this is a full time labor of love for them. Much love and respect for these gals today.


As for me, I am almost 9 hours into my 12 hour shift. From 0300-0600 I tend to become a zombie. I swear I have nearly fallen asleep while charting once or twice. Working the night shift has really made me re-think my career choice, maybe I should give up patient care and go into something like "landscape architecture".(Nobody dies because their ferns weren't quite placed in the yard right.) I will stumble through my front door in about 5 hours-flop down on the couch, turn on Elmo and pray my daughter lets me get at least an hour of sleep. The washer will still be broken, my son will still be talking back to the teacher, the hubbie will still be hard at work. So it goes. I still love my life, I am fortunate to a healthy hubby who is still on American soil and who I love with all my heart.

1 comment:

  1. First off- Hello! I saw you were a new follower so I came to take a gander. Second- Holy hell woman you are incredible!! Seriously. Happy MSA Day to you. I doubt it made you feel anymore appreciated coming from a stranger but seriously, women like you amaze me. Now I gotta link you up on my mil lover's list! Can't wait to get to know you better :)

    ♥ Mrs. S.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and lie to me.....Just make sure you're nice